Two Tips to Guide Your LED Retrofits
Many business owners are on board with the idea of an LED upgrade, but they aren’t sure where to begin. That’s not really a surprise – as technology improves, decisions get harder. But a little perspective can go a long way. Here are two tips from Have Lights Will Travel, Nevada’s premier electrical and lighting contractor, to help guide your LED retrofits.
Prioritize the Lighting Specifications that Matter to You
From efficiency to light output to aesthetics, there are a lot of considerations in the average LED retrofit. Determining what’s most important for your business will help you narrow things down. Browse this short list of lighting specs and make a mental note of the ones that really matter to you.
• Wattage – Wattage is a measurement of the amount of energy a bulb needs to light up. If energy savings is a primary goal, this is an important number.
• Rated life – This number refers to the length of time an LED is designed to function before reaching 70 percent of its original brightness. This number matters if longevity is a goal.
• Lumens – This measurement indicates how much light a bulb will put out.
• Efficacy – This is a ratio of lumens produced per watt of consumed energy. If primary goals are energy savings and visual appeal, this number will be important.
• Correlated Color Temperature (CCT) – This value is an indication of the color of light emitted by a given fixture or bulb.
• Color Rendering Index (CRI) – This is a measurement of how accurately a light source reflects color. If color accuracy matters in your project, so does this number.
Talk to an Expert
Once you have an idea of the specifications that matter for your project, find an expert who can advise you on the best products to make them a reality. LED manufacturers aren’t all created equal, and you want to buy from a company that will stand behind its products.
If you can find an LED manufacturer that’s based in the United States, has been in business for longer than five years, is a recognizable brand with no open product recalls, you’re probably in good hands. Have Lights Will Travel has extensive experience with LED retrofits and we can advise you on reputable manufacturers and brands, so don’t hesitate to ask. Contact us today to learn more.